We made Pumpkin Cheese Cups tonight. They came out amazingly! Instead of writing I wanted to show you in photos how the process went...from start to finish! Hope you enjoy!
Bubba loved the topping
Armani wouldn't let me have the treat back! Don't worry though I was able to get it back!
2 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
1/2 cup whole rolled oats
1 egg, slightly beaten
1 cup water
1/2 all-natural crunchy peanut butter
1/2 cup pureed pumpkin
16 ounces cream cheese, softened to room temp.
Cookie Cup Directions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Combine wheat flour and oats in a large bowl. Add egg, water, and peanut butter and mix well.
- On a lightly floured surface, knead the dough and roll out to 1/8 inch thickness. Cut out twenty-four 2 inch circles. Use remaining dough to cut out 24 small garnish cookies.
- Spray a mini muffin pan with oil and lightly dust with flour. Lay cookie circles in the mini muffin cups and press.
- Bake 30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool enough to handle, remove from pan, then let cool completely.
- Store in sealed container until ready to fill with cheese mixture.
With a hand mixer, mix pumpkin and cream cheese together until well blended. Place cream cheese mixture into a pastry bag with a large tip opening or a plastic sandwich bag. Snip corner of sandwich baggie to create a 1/2 inch opening. Gently squeeze filling into cookie cups. Garnish with a small cookie.
Yield: About 24 mini mutt cups and 24 garnish cookies.